Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dueling Uncovered; Is It Fun to Fight?


Good day, this is the Informer.

I have wanted to tackle the topic of dueling for a while now. Where it's coming and where I think we will be going to with it.

It's shit now. It will be shit tomorrow. Next week we will stop having them, hopefully.

You log in. Travel to get some lean mean, ultra fast pvp-xp and SHIT! your guild-mates are not online? What now? Oh I know, I can go dueling! Sure, slower then nice nekkid rp with friends and benefits, but fun still.
Take a couple of travelers from your guild city to khes, and go to duel arena. 1st you notice that everyone in duel arena is a. demo b. bear-shaman c. conqueror. You start challenging them, baddass fights, loose more but manage to win some.

Then incomes an enemy zerg that kills you about 9877474 times, and after fifteen minutes of hate /tells, you get to go back to arena. Start a fight again and then Gwlcchcchyclclcn or Gheos or some other SCUM-ranger-fag decides to steal some exp by killing your dueling partner and you. 

Dueling is shit. Shit in it's purest form. Shit that we have to do, if we want to get to that next pvp-level in reasonable time, because after some cockup it is actually the fastest way to gain legit pvp-xp!

Informers opinion has always been rather against the whole idea of dueling being the best way to earn pvp-xp. It's a shitty idea, this is an mmo-game. You should get benefits with group, not solo-play so I welcome the news of giving pvp for minigames, not just kills. 

This has been an Informer opinion article. Remember, opinions are like ass-holes; everyone has one.

6 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I have to agree with most of what you said.

    At one time the duel area was a respected place by all guilds. You could have a crack on with duelers from different guilds and pick up advice and tips.

    It was something different to do if you got sick of Kesh PVP and Mini games, a little bit of variety and a good way to get some XP.

    These days it is full of Egos, idiots, stacked BK buffs and exploited PVP gear. That's when its not being zerged or ambushed by SCUM.

    -Despair (Exalted)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biggest problem with this dueling ground is that here in this spot some people are trying to stay in a "safety zone" and when some guildies are fighting, they move near the road and start to nuke. After enemies are dead, they move back to the spot. This is really pissing me off.

    I haven't personally dueled for months. I, like many other had somekind of dueling rampage around Christmas. Dueling was fun but only against equal opponents like Honza, Xuthal or Rurik.

    Nowadays, I loathe dueling spot, I kill everyone there(EMPIRE) who is using it as a safety zone.

    Kamukoira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well As Kesh shouldnt be an OOC zone, there shouldnt be any "dueling" ground.

    its the same thing as naked RP in my oponion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my... dueling good exp? I have maybe done couple duels in whole time what I have played AoC. It's just way too fair for my taste.

    Good way to get insane amounts of PvP exp is to be total politcal failure like me. No useless NAPs or boring alliances. RED = DEAD. Dinged level 5 last year and been Exp cap over three months now.

    However I hope there would be in future bit more meaningful ways to gain that shiny PvP exp which makes you addict so easily. Minigames with pvp exp rewards will come in next patch and after that maybe some Border Kingdoms mayhem... will see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really hope for border kingdoms to have an exp-boost as suggested on TL-forums. something like 2-4x the "normal" pvp-xp what you get in khes or other world pvp. It's been suggested like gazillion times, I hope FC is listening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah before I saw the signature, I already recognized the author of above comment. Nesher you're unique when it comes to idocity you know :)

    ReplyDelete